Eric Wong writes: > I wonder if pygments or any other code highlighting packages are > more stable. We'd need to use a pipe or socket to interact with > pygments or anything w/o Perl bindings. In that case, it would also be possible to interact with highlight without using its perl bindings -- the CLI appears to be extremely widely packaged. But Pygments is the one I've seen used all over the place, and I so bet (though haven't checked) that it has better language support, etc. So there's probably no reason to prefer highlight if not using the Perl bindings.