Hello, I'm trying to setup a public-inbox instance to archive some mailing lists using a regular subscription (so I'm not collecting the mails directly at the mailing list address, but rely on the mailing list software (here: mailman) to forward to the archiver). One thing I want to have is that some headers that are relevant for the path between the mailing list host and the subscribed mail account only are filtered out. That's things like: Received: from $mailinglistserver ([2001:....]) by $publicinboxmachine with esmtp (Exim 4.92) (envelope-from ) id 23487275432 for $publicinboxaccount; Fri, 18 Dec 2020 15:48:54 +0100 Envelope-to: $publicinboxaccount Return-path: Errors-To: listname-bounces+something@mailinglistdomain I found that Konstantin Ryabitsev's tool to prepare an initial archive from an already existing mailing list[1] filters some of these out, but the instance on kernel.org has some of these details, too. (See for example https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20201013082132.661993-1-u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de/raw; there are Return-Path: and also some Received: headers that I consider not-so-nice as they were added after the mail was processed by the mailing list tool on vger.kernel.org.) Is it considerd bad to filter these out? Or is it just that nobody wanted this kind of cleanliness before in such a setup? I could handcraft a preprocessor[2] but I assume that a solution in public-inbox itself would find some users?! Best regards Uwe [1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mricon/korg-helpers.git/plain/list-archive-maker.py [2] something like formail -I Envelope-to -I Return-path -I Errors-To but filtering Received: is a bit harder if you want to keep the lines describing the path from the sender to the mailing list. -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |