From: Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@linuxfoundation.org>
To: meta@public-inbox.org
Subject: Epoch roll-over with imap
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 08:18:52 -0400

Good morning, and congratulations on 1.6.0!

I'm starting to play with the new imapd mode (currently using the imap
daemon on public-inbox.org), and I am curious how we can make it obvious
to the clients that there is a new epoch available. For example, if
someone configures mbsync to fetch things from
imaps://public-inbox.org/inbox.comp.mail.public-inbox.meta.0, how will
they become aware when epoch 1 becomes available?

Best regards,
-K