* browser history and cookies
@ 2020-04-21 23:07 Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2020-04-21 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta

Hey all, just wondering how many public-inbox WWW consumers
preserve browser history and cookies between sessions.
(I don't)

I'm not sure if it's worth my free time to do or even consider
further, but we could try experimenting with storing per-user
state as cookies so users can keep track of and easily skip over
messages they've already read.  No logins (ever) or extra server
storage required, though caching might be a tad more tricky.

It'll be non-intrusive and opt-in, so GPDR-compliant.  There'll
probably an extra "cookies" link next to the search bar where
"help" is.  Definitely no popups or JS needed.  Though HTML5
<summary> + <details> might be useful...

And somebody will have my eternal gratitude for implementing
<summary> + <details> in w3m :)

only message in thread, back to index