* Git-only operation mode
@ 2019-09-25 18:24 Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2019-09-25 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta

Hello:

Is there a way to run just the archiver component of public-inbox --
just writing to git repos without any of the indexing/frontend bits? One
of the idle conversations I had with vger.kernel.org folks was to see if
we can shift the source of truth archive generation to happen at their
end. We would then clone repositories from them and provide the
frontend/search bits on lore.kernel.org. From my cursory looking, it
would seem that the watch/delivery tools always expect to be taking care
of xapian/indexing, but I think being able to decouple git bits from
search/frontend bits would be a useful mode or operation.

Best,
-K