* RFE: unified message-id lookup across all inboxes
@ 2019-01-07 19:07 Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2019-01-07 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta

Hello, all:

One of the features lore.kernel.org users have been asking for is
ability to retrieve a message based on its message-id regardless of
which inbox it's in. Perhaps look them up in the order they are listed
in the config file and display the first found?

The way it works currently is *almost* already what we want. E.g. if you
access:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/1545703503-20939-1-git-send-email-zhangkehong@hisilicon.com

It will tell you that the message is in another inbox (it was sent to
linux-arm-kernel and not cc'd to linux-kernel). The users don't like
that extra click, so they really just want a "show me the message if
it's anywhere on lore, and give me a link to marc.info, etc if not in
any of them).

It's been way too long since I've done Perl, which is why I'm not
offering patches, sorry! :)

Best,
-K